Often people ask us why a child is being checked, or why we have kids' tables in the clinic.
These people assume that chiropractic is only for adults!
Chiropractic is for everyone. If you have a nerve system, you need to care for it just like you would your teeth. In fact, animals get adjusted too! Both vets and chiropractors are trained in adjustments for dogs, horses, and other animals.
If we wait until adulthood to care for our nerves and spine, there is a good chance we are missing an important window of development and healing.
A child's spine is very different than an adult's, so kids are adjusted with very little force or pressure.
At IFC, we do not use any techniques for kids that involve a "popping" sound.
Has your child been checked?
10 reasons parents take their children to see a chiropractor:
- To encourage good brain and nerve development and function
- To support their child’s overall health and wellbeing.
- To strengthen their child’s immune system.
- To alleviate symptoms of colic or reflux.
- To help with asthma and allergies.
- To encourage good posture and spinal growth.
- To improve their child’s ability to concentrate.
- To minimize symptoms of behavioral disorders.
- To help alleviate digestive problems.
- To assist with bed-wetting and sleep issues.